Monday, November 2, 2009

Getting there...

The knee is coming along...still pretty sore to bend it but after a few months of rehab it should be good. It will be great to be able to drive a car normally, walk normally, take stairs normally, etc... So life is puttering along nicely. Got lots of work ahead of me with the F.O.G. ep and TFW demos. Today I bought U2 tickets online. I had a hard time with it and still have a hard time with it. The first set of tickets that came up were beside the stage and they wanted $250 per ticket...ARE YOU INSANE? I like U2 but unless Jesus is playing lead guitar for them and it is a one night only show and Bono is going to be giving me a massage after the show I WILL NOT pay $500 for two tickets so my wife and I can take in the show. I had a hard enough time paying the $95 per ticket price. I hate it when it is all about the money. Think of how rich U2 is...do they really need to charge that much to see them play for a couple hours. I can't really wrap my mind around it. Makes me appreciate bands like Pearl Jam more that try and keep their ticket prices down. I saw that Bon Jovi is coming the month after U2 and playing Commonwealth Stadium as well. Their ticket prices range from $36-$136...that is much more reasonable in my opinion. Sure Bon Jovi is less popular now then U2 but in my mind they are fairly comparable for what they have done and hit songs...I guess they aren't as cool or as marketable so they can't charge what U2 does...or is it they just don't want to? I may take my wife and kids and have a good time the 4 of us for less then what we pay for the 2 of us to go to U2. My kids like Bon Jovi better anyway! Ha ha...oh well, I will see you all there at the U2 concert next June and will be shaking my head at those that were willing to spend that much money on those seats. There are so many things I would rather spend $500 on the one concert! You think Bono would be saying "Don't come to our concert...give that money to feed the world!" I guess he wants his lavish bills paid too...he would rather have my use the Bon Jovi money to feed the world instead. Whatever...do what you will. Maybe that is why I love the metal scene...it is still about the music for the most part....BWAAAAAA!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment