Saturday, December 24, 2011

Here Comes Santa Claus...AHHHHHH!!!

My siblings used to torment me with that song (among others), as it used to scare the dickens out of me. Sounds funny right? I think it was a common sense thing. I never knew this "Santa" character...we are not supposed to talk to strangers or take "gifts" from them, so why is it ok when this joker comes knocking? I also had a phobia of beards. Yup, I did! I know that sounds strange but beards freaked me out as a kid. I have no idea why but it's true. But think about it...you aren't sure about this stranger coming with gifts to maybe lure you into his sleigh and people are singing about him invading your town and breaking into your house. Freaked me out dude! There must have been something about the tune that I found creepy too. That I am not sure about but it is just a guess. You can take it into account that I was probably only two years old and was extremely quirky but at least I grew out of it and had a little better understanding of Santa having the same handwriting as my mom. Hmmmm....then there was the song "I Saw Mommy Kissing Santa Claus". That song really bothered me when I was older. I didn't get it was supposed to be some role playing game with mom and dad but thought mom was cheating on dad with an old bearded loser that was still doing B&Es. Of course by then I knew Santa was "Santa" but the principle of the song still frustrated me to no end. But as soon as I got the revelation that it was really dad then it was ok. Talk about therapy for the kid in that song though. Geez. I have nothing against the notion of Santa and having fun at Christmas but my focus solely lays on the true meaning of the season and why we celebrate it. Santa just tends to complicate things. Especially in a materialistic and greedy society. We should all be a little more Santa daily but more than that we should all be a little more Jesus every day to the people around us and those that have needs that we can meet. Then every one will be really happy to see that Santa is coming to town even though it is really Jesus dressed up like him wanting to spread love and joy to everyone around Him. Merry Christmas everyone!! See you at the gym next week to work off the treats and goodies we are already partaking in. :) Love you all and "God Bless Us, Everyone!!"

No comments:

Post a Comment