Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Snow Shoes and Self Absorption

Man is it cold now. After a very decent November we have been smacked with some winter that literally takes your breath away...but not in the good way. In the I can't breath because my lungs have started to instantaneously freeze! I am amazed at the amount of people that have no idea how to drive in winter. I think unless you have have 10 years experience driving in winter conditions you should have to take a course on winter driving living in cities like Edmonton. Brutal! I have also become increasingly aware of how self absorbed so many people are. I don't think I talk that much about myself but now I am going to be even more aware of it! I honestly don't understand why everyone thinks other people care that much about every little detail of their lives. Do you not think that they have their own lives? Do you think that their lives are so boring that your trivial information about you is much more interesting then thinking about what is going on in their world? Don't get me wrong, I like hearing about the big things that go on in people's lives like "Hey I just got a promotion at work!" or "Dude, you should gotta hear this hilarious thing my kid did yesterday!"...that is all good! But leave it at the good stuff. So many times I have witnessed people interrupting someone talking and start talking about themselves....what the heck is that?! Seriously!! You are NOT that interesting!! I appreciate the people I share life together with but it really is a two way street...try and make it a one way street and I will be taking the nearest off ramp!! How is that for a metaphor? I just wish people would think about what they are talking about more and put themselves in others shoes. Really people, it ISN'T all about you. Maybe it is the tabloid era we live in now (which I despise!) where we are bombarded with insignificant details about "celebrities" and their lives. I DON'T CARE!!! So if you feel you are so important then everyone should know everything about you and only talk about you? I am going to try my darndest to only talk about me when someone ASKS me about myself. And will probably only actually listen to people when I ASK them about themselves. So just a heads up...if you are going on and on about yourself and I have asked you to do so...that blank look on my face is probably there for a reason. Again, I am open to talking about life, what is going on, current events, sports, music, whatever...just remember it is a dialogue not a monologue!! Until next time...in the words of Red Green....keep your stick on the ice!

No comments:

Post a Comment