Friday, May 20, 2011

Believing is Seeing

I awake. It's a fresh sunny morning and I can smell the dew on the grass. I hear he birds chirping outside my window and stop to listen. It's mornings like this I live for. An overwhelming sense of peace with only nature alive and vibrant. It seems like just yesterday I had no sense of direction. Had no idea where I was headed and what I was doing. Now I have strong belief in myself and who I am. Dreams pour out of me like a glass of water overfilled by someone not paying attention. Most people live the "seeing is believing" mantra which I understand. That doesn't require any faith. Faith is something people take for granted and a word used lightly that we miss the significance and weight of the actual meaning. I am trying to walk out "believing is seeing". I have believed. I have saw.
I take the first sip of my newly made coffee in my french press. My mouth savours every ounce as I am truly satisfied with the levels of flavour that cascade down my palate. It's going to be a good day. Why? Because I am believing it's going to be a good day. I continue my life long journey of learning to become a man. A good man. A strong man. The true definition of what a man is supposed to be. When will I become a man. I am. Why? Because I believe I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment