Friday, November 12, 2010

What makes a man a man?

I have been going through a lot lately, internally. Feel like I am being pushed to become a better person. To let my character and integrity be shaped and formed. This sucks!...but it is great in the long run. I am in a constant war of conquering myself. Whether physically, emotionally, mentally or spiritually. I really want to become a disciplined person. Many phrases are rolling around in my mind. "Be above reproach!", "Live a fasted life", "Make the hard choice", "Give your first fruits...", and the list goes on. I guess I am on a quest for holiness and fumbling my way through which is o.k. I just need to cut myself some slack some days and figure out that I am not perfect...far from it. But if I can see the good and slow results of this process in my life then that is more than good enough. I want to give a different meaning to the chorus of Pearl Jam's "Betterman". So when people look at me they say "Can't find a better man". Not out of an arrogant desire but one of being the most complete person, disciplined, giving, honorable, integral and godly person I can be. As my friend Nicky was just saying, "being salt and light". Ya baby! My quest is to get in shape all the way around....I just have better days then others. Sometimes it ain't so pretty when you see the "shaping" times and I sound ridiculous and am acting like a tool. But, "His grace is sufficient for me!" Anyway, this is my thinking outloud forum and I wanted to get some of this out there. If you read this, thank you for listening. If not I am not offended as my ramblings are exactly poetry or Nobel prize worthy ;) Until next time!!

No comments:

Post a Comment