Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Peace

This has got to be one of the rarest things people have in their lives....Peace. Especially with guys with brains like mine who can get so wrapped up in where you want to go and what you want to do that you forget to enjoy where you are at. If you can't enjoy where you are right now in the present, you will never be satisfied. The old cliche about taking time to stop and smell the roses is actually pretty good. Sure sometimes there may be a bee in one, or a dog took a leak on one, or whatever...but sometimes you need to stop and take in the view, even if it is the prettiest or most spectacular. One day you will be on your mountain top and it is nice to be able to truly appreciate that view because you can remember the view from the valley. Life is a lot about perspective. I put in my Facebook status that I feel a peace that I have felt for a while again....that I can enjoy where I am at and even be excited about where I am at and where I am going without falling into OCD about where I am going and missing the present. That is no way to live. Like in Bruce Almighty..."It's goooood!" So thank God for perspective change and awesome people around me to keep me in check and grounded. I am blessed! Until next time!
vaughnarchy

No comments:

Post a Comment